Cook - Bega Cheese Heritage Centre
BEGA CHEESE LTD
Situated in Bega NSW, The Bega Cheese Heritage Centre, incorporating the Bega Visitors Information Centre, plays a vital role in attracting & servicing the needs of more than 300,000 visitors to the area each year, whilst providing an invaluable service in showcasing the Bega Cheese brand & our products. The Centre operates 7 days a week, providing café-style food, tourism retail & information services in a fast-paced environment, where first-class customer service levels are critical to success.
Whilst very much a team-based role potentially embracing many areas of the Centre’s operations, including front-of-house customer service, this position has a primary focus on overseeing and delivering a wide range of kitchen and related support activities.
This is a permanent, part-time role, with an average of 28 hours per week (additional shifts offered as available), with the roster cycle including some weekends and public holidays. The hourly rate for the role is $28.50.
To succeed in the role:
We look for potential, not only performance. We value diversity of thinking, experiences and perspectives and listening. Bega people support each other to achieve together.
Additionally you will have:
- Significant experience in the planning, preparation and service of a wide range of bistro-style hot and cold food;
- Experience in menu planning and management, ingredient purchasing and kitchen management generally;
- Creativity and innovation to create new product and/or merchandising ideas;
- The ability to provide an effective & efficient range of hospitality services to a first class professional standard.
- A customer-focused, team player;
- A good organiser, with excellent communications skills;
- A flexible, reliable, energetic & resilient nature;
- Sound literacy & numeracy skills;
- A relevant knowledge of relevant OH&S policies & procedures;
- A Certificate 3 in Commercial Cookery or similar qualification is desirable.
Applicants should apply by clicking on the apply now button
Applications will close Saturday 10th May 2019
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: